[Logo] Product Support by the People!
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Solved] Bad flash and dead MK808B  XML
Forum Index » Product Support
Anonymous

Ok, guys I downloaded the rom from geekbuying and messed up my mk808b. It won't flash back to the old firmware and now no blue light and no picture.
Is my tv stick dead?

Help please!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 12/26/2015 20:18:17

TechGuy

There's an article mentioned on freaktab about fixing it for the mk808, but it also works for the mk808b. Credits to Finless at Freaktab.

You need to open up the tv stick and short a couple pins (8-9) on the NAND flash chip to enter Mask rom mode. The IC pins are very small so use a needle or pin very gently to short the 2 pins. If you push hard, it can break the pins.

While shorting the 2 pins, plug the USB cable connected to the OTG port to the computer. Note that you need to hold the needle in the shorted position for the duration of the rom flash so you do need steady hands.

I would leave 2 windows open:
1. Rockchip batch tool (RKBatchTool.exe) with firmware selected
2. Device Manager

The Device Manager will show the Rockchip USB device if there is a USB connection between your TV stick and the computer. If you didn't short the pins correctly, plugging in the USB cable will not show the Rockchip device in Device Manager. Of course, make sure your Rockchip drivers are installed tool.

If successfully shorted, the Rockchip USB device will appear in Device Manager and the Rockchip batch tool will show a blue box instead of the green one given that it is in Mask rom mode. Just hit Upgrade and keep the 2 pins shorted until the flash procedure is complete.

Forum Index » Product Support
Go to:   

© 2017 ShoppersNet.com. All Rights Reserved.