[Logo] Product Support by the People!
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Solved] Gameloft Asphalt 8 Airborne: There is not enough space to download the requested resources  XML
Forum Index » Product Support
TechGuy

I ran into this problem on the Android version of Gameloft Asphalt 8 Airborne and found a workaround.
Note: This fix requires a rooted tablet.

** WARNING - Perform these changes at your own risk! I take no responsibility for any changes or issues with your tablet. **

1. Download the app from Google Play as you normally do

2. Make sure app is stopped
Run Settings app and stop Asphalt 8 app if running

3. Clear all the data on the Asphalt 8 Airborne app

4. Open term and sudo as root

5. Make a directory on the /sdcard which you confirmed has lots of space

6. Copy lib data

7. Rename main app dir to .old

8. Create a soft link to point to the partition with more space

9. Run app and it should download all the additional files and run. The first run may take longer though.

Hope this helps!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 01/04/2016 00:07:12

TechGuy

For those who poweroff or reboot the tablet you may find that the Asphalt 8 icon is not shown in the launcher, here's the fix. I have added Step 10.

After you run the app, downloaded all the resources with the above fix, and can play a multiplayer game, you no longer need to softlink to the sdcard folder. So let's repoint everything back to the way it was.

10. Repoint folders back to original
- Reboot tablet -

Other notes:
If the app runs fine, you can remove the softlink and clean up the sdcard folder
Anonymous

Please make a video and post on youtube that will help us lot ?
TechGuy

Thanks for the feedback. Asphalt 8 is one of the best racing games out there on Android, and we really enjoy doing the local Wifi gaming.

We will look into doing a Youtube video the next time Gameloft pushes an update and requires us to reapply the fix.
Anonymous

When i type "cp /data/data/com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftA8HM/lib/* /sdcard/emulated/data/data/com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftA8HM/lib/"
It sends a message saying usage: bla bla bla which means, (at least what my knowledge says) that the command is incorrect.
Any fixes ples?
TechGuy

The purpose of this step is to copy all the files from the lib folder on the internal storage dir to the sdcard folder.

Make sure you have a rooted tablet and can get superuser mode with the su command before trying this fix.

mkdir -p /sdcard/emulated/data/data/com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftA8HM/lib
cp /data/data/com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftA8HM/lib/* /sdcard/emulated/data/data/com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftA8HM/lib/

To debug, try these 2 commands.

Your output should show 2 files.
  • libasphalt8.so

• libgenerator.so
  • TechGuy

Gameloft has fixed this issue. The recent download is now properly writing data to the internal SD card storage.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/24/2016 21:24:18

Forum Index » Product Support
    Go to:   

© 2017 ShoppersNet.com. All Rights Reserved.